We reached another milestone aka number: 10000. GitHub is assigning numbers to pull requests and issues and the “10000” is a PR. Our ratio is around 1/3 issues and 2/3 pull requests. To be more precise: 64% pull requests and 36% issues.
If you haven’t noticed, there is now a glossary that collects some Home Assistant relevant terms. Talking about the documentation: @DubhAd rewrote large parts of the Z-Wave section. More structure to get started and to find details during the setup and the configuration.
This release includes a new component to integrate Home Assistant with Google Assistant by Phil Kates. We integrate via the Smart Home API, this means that you will be able to control your devices in Home Assistant via any device that has Google Assistant. Learn more in the documentation.
Hacktoberfest is still on and so far we have received a lot improvements. We can’t make any promises to review everything by the end of October, but we are trying to make sure that you will get your t-shirt.
Why not observe your Travis CI jobs with Home Assistant? @tchellomello created a Travis CI sensor which allows one to check on the current state of Travis jobs. Now you can make sure that the coffee is ready when the build passed.
- Add Arlo alarm control panel component (@vickyg3 - #9711) (alarm_control_panel.arlo docs) (new-platform)
- Abode Temp, Humidity, and Light Sensor (@MisterWil - #9709) (abode docs) (sensor.abode docs) (new-platform)
- Introducing support to Travis-CI (@tchellomello - #9701) (sensor.travisci docs) (new-platform)
- Skybell (@MisterWil - #9681) (skybell docs) (binary_sensor.skybell docs) (camera.skybell docs) (light.skybell docs) (sensor.skybell docs) (switch.skybell docs) (new-platform)
- Xiaomi Smart WiFi Socket and Smart Power Strip integration (@syssi - #9138) (switch.xiaomi_miio docs) (new-platform)
- Add notification platform for Rocket.Chat (@webworxshop - #9553) (notify.rocketchat docs) (new-platform)
- Tesla bug fixes. (@zabuldon - #9774) (tesla docs) (binary_sensor.tesla docs) (climate.tesla docs) (lock.tesla docs) (sensor.tesla docs) (switch.tesla docs) (new-platform)
- Split map panel out into its own component (@cgarwood - #9814) (map docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Support for Yi cameras (@bachya - #9787) (camera.yi docs) (new-platform)
- Add namecheap DNS component (@Munsio - #9821) (namecheapdns docs) (new-platform)
- Uptime sensor (@fronzbot - #9856) (sensor.uptime docs) (new-platform)
- Cloud connection via aiohttp (@balloob - #9860) (new-platform)
- Google Actions for Assistant (@philk - #9632) (google_assistant docs) (http docs) (new-platform)
- A new platform for controlling Monoprice 6-Zone amplifier (@etsinko - #9662) (media_player.monoprice docs) (new-platform)
- Add serial sensor (@fabaff - #9861) (sensor.serial docs) (new-platform)
- Add Toon support (@Boltgolt - #9483) (toon docs) (climate.toon docs) (sensor.toon docs) (switch.toon docs) (new-platform)
- Fix device update / entity_id with names (@pvizeli - #10029)
- fix temperature/humidity sensors valid values (@bieniu - #10024) (sensor.xiaomi_aqara docs)
- Fix gateway illumination sensor value (@bieniu - #10045) (sensor.xiaomi_aqara docs)
- Fix device update/
entity_idwith names (@rytilahti - #10053) (switch.tplink docs)
- Remove warning component / Update event trigger for UI created (@pvizeli - #10060)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →