There are various ways to get in touch with the Home Assistant community. It doesn’t matter if you have a question, need help, want to request a feature, or just say ‘Hi’.
- Discord Chat Server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Follow us on Twitter, use @home_assistant
- Join the Google+ community
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
Have you found an issue in your Home Assistant installation? Please report it. Reporting it makes it easy to track and ensures that it gets fixed.
- Issue tracker Home Assistant
- Issue tracker home-assistant.io (Website and documentation)
- Feature requests Home Assistant
- Why we can’t have the Internet of Nice Things: A home automation primer at OpenWest 2017- July 2017
- Home Automation with Home Assistant at PyDay Galicia 2017- June 2017
- Home Automation with Python at GLT 2017 - April 2017
- Home Assistant workshop at CLT 2017 - March 2017
- Home Assistant - Erweiterungen (Platforms/Components) at Puzzle ITC - December 2016
- Automating Your Life - Home Automation at Develop Denver 2016 - August
- Building Online Communities: Home Assistant - July 2016
- Home Assistant Support 101 - Getting around in Home Assistant (Slides) - June 2016
- Awaken your home: Python and the Internet of Things at PyCon 2016 - June 2016
- Automating your Home with Home Assistant at OpenIoT 2016 - March 2016
Don’t miss the regular Home Assistant podcasts.
- Episode #122: Home Assistant: Pythonic Home Automation - July 2017
- Why can’t we have the Internet of Nice Things? - July 2017
- Integrating Snips with Home Assistant - June 2017
- Jupiter Broadcasting - No Privacy Compromise Home Automation - June 2017
- Castálio Podcast - Episódio 102: Marcelo Mello - Red Hat e Automação Residencial com Home Assistant - May 2017
- Paulus Schoutsen and Home Assistant - Episode 8 - March 2017
- Zammad, Home Assistant und Freifunk - are the winner of the Thomas-Krenn-Awards 2017 - March 2017
- 10 open source software tools for developing IoT applications - March 2017
- A Look at HASSbian: Raspberry Pi for Home Automation- March 2017
- Home Assistant with Paulus Schoutsen - Episode 94 - January 2017
- Episode #11 at minute 15:20 by Python Bytes - January 2017
- Now you can hide your smart home on the darknet - July 2016
- Home Assistant: The Python Approach to Home Automation - June 2016
- Secure home automation, without clouds or dedicated hubs - June 2016
- Weekend Project: Setting up Home Assistant on your PC or Mac by automated home - April 2016
- Episode 105 - DIY Home Automation Roundup by HomeTech.fm - April 2016
- 5 open source home automation tools by opensource.com - March 2016
- Home Assistant – Open Source Python Home Automation Platform - January 2015
There is not currently a site search for Home-Assistant.io but it’s in the works. For now, you can use this Google link which will narrow your search to this specific site.
There is no explicit roadmap available but the public tracker can give you some insight into what is going on.