xiaomi_aqara component allows you to integrate Xiaomi Aqara-compatible devices into Home Assistant.
- Temperature and Humidity Sensor (1st and 2nd generation)
- Motion Sensor (1st and 2nd generation)
- Door and Window Sensor (1st and 2nd generation)
- Button (1st and 2nd generation)
- Plug aka Socket (Zigbee version, reports power consumed, power load, state and if device in use)
- Wall Plug (reports power consumed, power load and state)
- Aqara Wall Switch (Single)
- Aqara Wall Switch (Double)
- Aqara Wall Switch LN (Single)
- Aqara Wall Switch LN (Double)
- Aqara Wireless Switch (Single)
- Aqara Wireless Switch (Double)
- Gas Leak Detector (reports alarm and density)
- Smoke Detector (reports alarm and density)
- Gateway (Light, Illumination Sensor, Ringtone play)
- Intelligent Curtain
- Water Leak Sensor
- Gateway Radio
- Gateway Button
- Aqara Air Conditioning Companion
- Aqara Intelligent Air Conditioner Controller Hub
- Decoupled mode of the Aqara Wall Switches (Single & Double)
- Additional alarm events of the Gas and Smoke Detector: Analog alarm, battery fault alarm (smoke detector only), sensitivity fault alarm, I2C communication failure
Follow the setup process using your phone and Mi-Home app. From here you will be able to retrieve the key from within the app following this tutorial.
To enable Xiaomi Gateway (Aqara) in your installation, add the following to your
# You can leave mac empty if you only have one gateway. xiaomi_aqara: gateways: - mac: key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# 12 characters mac can be obtained from the gateway. xiaomi_aqara: gateways: - mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# 12 characters MAC can be obtained from the gateway. xiaomi_aqara: interface: '192.168.0.1' gateways: - mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(string)(Optional)The MAC address of your gateway. Optional if only using one gateway.
(string)(Optional)The key of your gateway. Optional if only using sensors and/or binary sensors.
(int)(Optional)Number of times that Home Assistant should try to reconnect to the gateway.
Default value: 3
(string)(Optional)Which network interface to use.
Default value: any
(string)(Optional)The host / ip address of the gateway. If this parameter is used the multicast discovery of the gateway is skipped.
The gateway provides two services:
xiaomi_aqara.stop_ringtone. To play ringtones by Home Assistant, the version of the gateway firmware must be
1.4.1_145 at least. A
gw_mac must be supplied. The parameter
ringtone_vol (percent) is optional. Allowed values of the
- alarm ringtones [0-8]
- doorbell ring [10-13]
- alarm clock [20-29]
- custom ringtones (uploaded by the Mi Home app) starting from 10001
Long Press on Smart Button
This example plays the sound of a dog barking when the button is held down, and stops the sound when the button is pressed once. Note: The sound will stop playing automatically when it has ended.
- alias: Let a dog bark on long press trigger: platform: event event_type: click event_data: entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_158d000xxxxxc2 click_type: long_click_press action: service: xiaomi_aqara.play_ringtone data: gw_mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx ringtone_id: 8 ringtone_vol: 8 - alias: Stop barking immediately on single click trigger: platform: event event_type: click event_data: entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_158d000xxxxxc2 click_type: single action: service: xiaomi_aqara.stop_ringtone data: gw_mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx
If you run into trouble initializing the gateway with your app, try another smartphone. I had trouble with the OnePlus 3, but it worked with a Nexus 5.
2017-08-20 16:51:19 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi] No gateway discovered 2017-08-20 16:51:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for xiaomi: Component failed to initialize.
That means that Home Assistant is not getting any response from your Xiaomi gateway. Might be a local network problem or your firewall.
- Make sure you have enabled LAN access.
- Turn off the firewall on the system where Home Assistant is running.
- Ensure your router supports multicast as this is a requirement of the Xiaomi GW
- Try to leave the MAC address
- Try to set
- Try to disable and then enable LAN access.
- Hard reset the gateway: Press the button of the gateway 30 seconds and start again from scratch.