roomba component allows you to control your iRobot Roomba vacuum.
This platform has only been tested with an iRobot Roomba 980 but should work find with any Wi-Fi enabled Roomba like the 690, 890 or the 960.
To add your Roomba vacuum to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry vacuum: - platform: roomba host: IP_ADDRESS_OR_HOSTNAME username: BLID password: PASSWORD
- host (Required): Hostname or IP address of the Roomba.
- username (Required): The username (BLID) fro your device.
- password (Required): The password for your device.
- name (Optional): The name of the vacuum.
- certificate (Optional): Path to your certificate store. Defaults to
- continuous (Optional): Whether to operate in continuous mode. Defaults to
The Roomba’s MQTT server only allows a single connection. Enabling continuous mode will force the App to connect via the cloud to your Roomba. More info here