amazon_polly text-to-speech platform that works with Amazon Polly to create the spoken output.
Polly is a paid service via Amazon Web Services. There is a free tier for the first 12 months and then a charge per million characters afterwards.
To enable text-to-speech with Amazon Polly, add the following lines to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry tts: - platform: amazon_polly aws_access_key_id: AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID aws_secret_access_key: AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY profile_name: AWS_PROFILE region_name: 'us-east-1'
- aws_access_key_id (Required if aws_secret_access_key is provided): Your AWS Access Key ID. For more information, please read the AWS General Reference regarding Security Credentials. If provided, you must also provide an
aws_secret_access_keyand must not provide a
- aws_secret_access_key (Required if aws_access_key_id is provided): Your AWS Secret Access Key. For more information, please read the AWS General Reference regarding Security Credentials. If provided, you must also provide an
aws_access_key_idand must not provide a
- profile_name (Optional): A credentials profile name. For more information, please see the boto3 documentation section about credentials.
- region_name (Required): The region identifier to connect to. The default is
- name (Optional): Setting the optional parameter
nameallows multiple notifiers to be created. The default value is
notify. The notifier will bind to the service