rainmachine switch platform allows you to control programs and zones within
a RainMachine smart Wi-Fi sprinkler controller.
The platform allows for either local (i.e., directly across the LAN) or remote (i.e., through RainMachine’s cloud API) access; the route you choose will dictate what your configuration should look like.
For local access, specify the IP address/hostname of your RainMachine unit , your RainMachine password, and optionally, the device’s HTTP port:
switch: platform: rainmachine ip_address: 192.168.1.100 password: my_password_123
For remote access, specify your RainMachine username/email and password:
switch: platform: rainmachine email: [email protected] password: my_password_123
- ip_address (Optional): the IP address of your RainMachine unit; cannot be
used with the
- email (Optional): your RainMachine username/email; cannot be used with the
- password (Required): your RainMachine password
- port (Optional): the TCP port used by your unit for the REST API (default: 8080)
- ssl (Optional): whether communication with the local device should occur over HTTPS (default: true)
- zone_run_time (Optional): the number of seconds that a zone should run when turned on (default: 600)
After Home Assistant loads, you will see new switches for every enabled program and zone. These work as expected:
- Program On/Off: starts/stops a program
- Zone On/Off: starts/stops a zone (using the
zone_run_timeparameter to determine how long to run for)
Programs and zones are linked. If a program is running its final zone, you will see both the program and zone switches turned on; turning either one off will turn the other one off (just like in the web app).
If you would like to see and control more detailed information, create an iFrame that renders the RainMachine web app:
panel_iframe: rainmachine: title: RainMachine url: "https://my.rainmachine.com/s/<YOUR_DEVICE_ID>/ui/" icon: mdi:water-pump
You can find
<YOUR_DEVICE_ID> by logging into https://my.rainmachine.com and taking note of the URL.
The remote RainMachine API currently has two broken operations (i.e., they return error codes): starting a program and stopping a program. Please note that starting/stopping programs with the remote API is disabled until RainMachine can fix the issue.