yweather platform uses Yahoo Weather as an source for current meteorological data. The
forecast will show you the condition for 5 days, 0 is the current day. You can use only
temp_max with forecast. It’s important to note that a yweather sensor will only show ONE days forecast at a time so to show multiple days forecasts, you will need to use the ‘name:’ option and give each sensor a unique name.
Use of the Yahoo Weather API should not exceed reasonable request volume. Access is limited to 2000 signed calls per day.
woeid (Where On Earth ID) for your location, as shown in the example below. You can find your WOEID by copying the numeric digits at the end of the URL for your location at Yahoo Weather. If you don’t add a WOEID it generate it from Home Assistant’s latitude and longitude.
To add Yahoo Weather to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: yweather monitored_conditions: - weather - weather_current - temp_min - temp_max - wind_speed - pressure - visibility - humidity - temperature
- woeid (Optional): See above.
- forecast (Optional): Day of forecast. The default is the current day to display conditions.
- name (Optional): The name of the sensor. To easily recognize each sensor when adding more than one Yahoo weather sensor, it is recommended to use the name option. Defaults to
- monitored_conditions array (Required): Conditions to display in the frontend.
- weather: A human-readable text summary with picture from yahoo.
- weather_current: A human-readable text summary with picture from yahoo from current condition.
- temperature: The current temperature.
- temp_min: The minimal temperature of this day.
- temp_max: The maximum temperature of this day.
- wind_speed: The wind speed.
- humidity: The relative humidity.
- pressure: The sea-level air pressure in millibars.
- visibility: The average visibility.
Example of forecast using multiple days. In example, first sensor shows tomorrow’s forecast, second sensor shows the next day and so on:
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: yweather forecast: 1 name: yw_day1 monitored_conditions: - weather - temp_min - temp_max - platform: yweather forecast: 2 name: yw_day2 monitored_conditions: - weather - temp_min - temp_max - platform: yweather forecast: 3 name: yw_day3 monitored_conditions: - weather - temp_min - temp_max
Details about the API are available in the Yahoo! Developer Network.