wunderground platform uses Weather Underground as a source for current weather information.
Obtain a WUnderground API key here. A free account allows 500 requests per day or 10 per minute.
To add Wunderground to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: wunderground api_key: your_api_key monitored_conditions: - weather - temp_f - temp_c - station_id - feelslike_c - feelslike_f - feelslike_string - heat_index_c - heat_index_f - heat_index_string - dewpoint_c - dewpoint_f - dewpoint_string - wind_kph - wind_mph - UV - pressure_in - pressure_mb - wind_dir - wind_string - relative_humidity - visibility_mi - visibility_km - precip_today_in - precip_today_metric - precip_today_string - solarradiation - alerts
- api_key (Required): See above.
- pws_id (Optional): You can enter a Personal Weather Station ID. The current list of Wunderground PWS stations is available here. If you do not enter a PWS ID, the current location information (latitude and longitude) from your
configuration.yamlwill be used to display weather conditions.
- monitored_conditions array (Required): Conditions to display in the frontend. The following conditions can be monitored.
- weather: A human-readable text summary with picture from Wunderground.
- temp_f: Current temperature in Fahrenheit
- temp_c: Current temperature in Celsius
- station_id: Your personal weather station (PWS) ID
- feelslike_c: Feels like (or apparent) temperature in Celsius
- feelslike_f: Feels like (or apparent) temperature in Fahrenheit
- feelslike_string: Text summary of how the current temperature feels like
- heat_index_c: Heat index (combined effects of the temperature and humidity of the air) in Celsius
- heat_index_f: Heat index (combined effects of the temperature and humidity of the air) in Fahrenheit
- heat_index_string: Text summary of current heat index
- dewpoint_c: Temperature in Celsius below which water droplets begin to condense and dew can form
- dewpoint_f: Temperature in Fahrenheit below which water droplets begin to condense and dew can form
- dewpoint_string: Text summary of dew point
- wind_kph: Current wind speed in kph
- wind_mph: Current wind speed in mph
- UV: Current levels of UV radiation. See here for explanation.
- pressure_in: Atmospheric air pressure in inches
- pressure_mb: Atmospheric air pressure in millibars
- wind_dir: Wind direction
- wind_string: Text summary of current wind conditions
- relative_humidity: Relative humidity
- visibility_mi: Average visibility in miles
- visibility_km: Average visibility in km
- precip_today_in: Total precipitation in inches
- precip_today_metric: Total precipitation in metric units
- precip_today_string: Text summary of precipitation today
- solarradiation: Current levels of solar radiation
- alerts: Current severe weather advisories
Additional details about the API are available here.