geo_rss_events sensor retrieves events from a GeoRSS feed and
shows information of those events filtered by distance to Home Assistant’s
location and grouped by category.
This sensor is particularly useful if events occur unexpectedly in the vicinity of the home while the GeoRSS feed also contains many events representing distant unrelated entries. Typical examples are bush fires alerts or earthquakes.
The reference point for comparing the distance is defined by
longitude in the basic configuration.
Only entries of the feed are considered that define a location as
polygon in georss.org format or as WGS84 latitude/longitude.
The data is updated every 5 minutes.
To enable the GeoRSS events sensor, add the following lines to your
configuration.yaml. This is an example configuration showing bush fire
incidents from the NSW Rural Fire Service.
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: geo_rss_events name: NSW Fire Service url: http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/feeds/majorIncidents.xml unit_of_measurement: 'Incidents' categories: - 'Emergency Warning' - 'Watch and Act' - 'Advice'
- url (Required): Full URL of the GeoRSS feed.
- name (Optional): Name of the sensor used in generating the entity id. Default is ‘Event Service’.
- radius (Optional): The distance in kilometres around the Home Assistant’s coordinates in which events are considered. Default is: 20km.
- categories (Optional): List of event category names found in the GeoRSS feed. A separate sensor is created for each category defined. Default is to join events from all categories into an ‘Any’ category.
- unit_of_measurement (Optional): The type of events found in the GeoRSS feed. Default is ‘Events’.
Bush Fire Alerts
sensor: - platform: geo_rss_events name: Qld Fire and Emergency Services url: https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/data/alerts/bushfireAlert.xml unit_of_measurement: 'Alerts' - platform: geo_rss_events name: Tas Fire Service url: http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/Show?pageId=colBushfireSummariesRss unit_of_measurement: 'Alerts' - platform: geo_rss_events name: WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services url: https://www.emergency.wa.gov.au/data/incident_FCAD.rss - platform: geo_rss_events name: ACT Emergency Services Agency url: http://www.esa.act.gov.au/feeds/currentincidents.xml
sensor: - platform: geo_rss_events name: USGS All Earthquakes url: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/summary/all_day.atom categories: - 'Past Hour' - 'Past Day' - platform: geo_rss_events name: BGS Worlwide Earthquakes url: http://www.bgs.ac.uk/feeds/worldSeismology.xml categories: - 'EQMH' - platform: geo_rss_events name: Recent significant earthquake reports (Canada) url: http://www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca/index-en.php?tpl_region=canada&tpl_output=rss categories: - 'Earthquake Report'