crimereports sensor allows one to track reported incidents occurring in a given area. Incidents include anything reported to Crime Reports. Your regional emergency services may or may not report data. The sensor only counts incidents from the current day.
To enable this sensor, add the following lines to your
radius should be of sufficient size to capture incidents in your area.
sensor: - platform: crimereports name: <any name> radius: <your radius>
Configuration options for the Crime Reports Sensor:
- name (Required): Name the sensor whatever you want.
- radius (Required): Radius in meters.
- latitude (Optional): Defaults to your home zone latitude.
- longitude (Optional): Defaults to your home zone longitude.
- include (Optional): List of incident types to include.
- exclude (Optional): List of incident types to exclude.
Crime Reports captures all incidents in a region defined by a square shape. Home Assistant zones are circular. Therefore, the region defined by a Home Assistant zone in a Crime Reports context is a square that is big enough to fit the zone circle. Practically, this means some incidents may be captured that are outside your zone.
You can explicitly include or exclude incident types. Specifying
includes restricts the incidents to those types. Specifying
excludes will return all incident types except those specified.
These incident types are available:
- Assault with Deadly Weapon
- Breaking & Entering
- Community Policing
- Family Offense
- Missing Person
- Other Sexual Offense
- Pedestrian Stop
- Proactive Policing
- Property Crime
- Property Crime Commercial
- Property Crime Residential
- Quality of Life
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Offense
- Theft from Vehicle
- Theft of Vehicle
- Vehicle Recovery
- Vehicle Stop
- Weapons Offense
crimealerts sensor fires a
crimealerts_incident event when a new incident is detected, including the type, description, time, location, and coordinates of the incident.