webostv platform allows you to send notifications to a LG WebOS Smart TV.
When the TV is first connected, you will need to accept Home Assistant on the TV to allow communication.
To add a TV to your installation, add the following to your
configuration.yaml file and follow the configurator instructions:
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - platform: webostv host: 192.168.0.112 name: livingroom_tv filename: webostv.conf
- host (Required): The IP of the LG WebOS Smart TV, e.g. 192.168.0.10
- name (Required): The name you would like to give to the LG WebOS Smart TV.
- filename (Optional): The filename where the pairing key with the TV should be stored. This path is relative to Home Assistant’s config directory. It defaults to
- icon (Optional): The path to an image file to use as the icon in notifications. If provided, this image will override the Home Assistant logo.
A possible automation could be:
# Example configuration.yaml entry automation: - alias: Open a window trigger: platform: numeric_state entity_id: sensor.netatmo_livingroom_co2 above: 999 action: service: notify.livingroom_tv data: message: "You should open a window! (Livingroom Co2: ppm)"
The icon can be overridden for individual notifications by providing a path to an alternative icon image to use:
- alias: Front door motion trigger: platform: state entity_id: binary_sensor.front_door_motion state: ‘on’ action: service: notify.livingroom_tv data: message: “Movement detected: Front Door” data: icon: “/home/homeassistant/images/doorbell.png” ```