clickatell platform uses Clickatell to deliver SMS notifications from Home Assistant.
Get your Clickatell API Credentials
Go to your Clickatell SMS Platform Portal section and create a new SMS integration. There are three screens of information required to creater an integration. Please ensure the following:
- Give the new Integration an identification name.
- Ensure it is set for ‘production’ use.
- Select ‘HTTP’ as your API type.
- Ensure that the you select for the messaging type to be ‘one way messaging’.
- Be aware of the international number format option as this impacts the structure of the phone numbers you provide.
- Once you have completed entering your details an API key is generated. Copy the API key.
To add Clickatell to your installation, add the following to your Home Assistant
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - platform: clickatell name: USER_DEFINED_NAME api_key: CLICKATELL_API_KEY recipient: PHONE_NO
- name (Optional): Setting the optional parameter name allows multiple notifiers to be created. The default value is
clickatell. The notifier will bind to the service notify.NOTIFIER_NAME.
- api_key (Required): Your API key.
- recipient (Required): Your phone number. This is where you want to send your notification SMS messages. e.g.
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.