- Log into https://developers.nest.com/
- Fill in account details
- The compnay details can be any made up information.
- Submit changes
- Click “Products” at top of page
- Click “Create New Product” to start a new api client
- Fill in details
- Product name must be unique. I recommend [email] - Home Assistant.
- The description, users, urls can all be anything you want
- For permissions check every box and if it’s an option select the read/write option.
- The description requires a specific format to be accepted.
- Use “[Home Assistant] [Edit] [For Home Automation]” as the description as it is not super important.
- Click “Create Product”
- Once the new product page opens the “Product ID” and “Product Secret” are located on the right side.
- After these configs are updated and Home Assistant is started a configurator will pop up asking you to log in and copy a authorization code into Home Assistant.
# Example configuration.yaml entry nest: client_id: CLIENT_ID client_secret: CLIENT_SECRET
# Example configuration.yaml entry to show only devices at your vacation and primary homes nest: client_id: CLIENT_ID client_secret: CLIENT_SECRET structure: - Vacation - Primary
- client_id (Required): Your Nest developer client id.
- client_secret (Required): Your Nest developer client secret.
- structure (Optional): The structure or structures you would like to include devices from. If not specified, this will include all structures in your Nest account.