samsungtv platform allows you to control a Samsung Smart TV.
When the TV is first connected, you will need to accept Home Assistant on the TV to allow communication.
To add a TV to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry media_player: - platform: samsungtv host: 192.168.0.10
- host (Required): The IP of the Samsung Smart TV, eg. `192.168.0.10^.
- port (Optional): The port of the Samsung Smart TV. Defaults to 55000.
- name (Optional): The name you would like to give to the Samsung Smart TV.
- timeout (Optional): The time-out for the communication with the TV. Defaults to 0.
Currently known supported models:
Currently tested but not working models:
- KU6300 - Shows in GUI but unable to control.
- H6400 - Shows in GUI but unable to control.
If your model is not on the list then give it a test, if everything works correctly then add it to the list on GitHub. The first letter (U, P, L, H & K) represent the screen type, e.g. LED or Plasma. The second letter represents the region, E is Europe, N is North America and A is Asia & Australia. The two numbers following that represent the screen size. If you add your model remember to remove these before adding them to the list.
There’s currently a known issue with some TV’s receiving a Key press UP that can interrupt certain applications.