asuswrt platform offers presence detection by looking at connected devices to a ASUSWRT based router.
This platform is NOT available for Microsoft Windows installations.
To use an ASUSWRT router in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry device_tracker: - platform: asuswrt host: YOUR_ROUTER_IP username: YOUR_ADMIN_USERNAME
- host (Required): The IP address of your router, eg.
- username (Required: The username of an user with administrative privileges, usually
- password (Optional): The password for your given admin account (use this if no SSH key is given).
- protocol (Optional): The protocol (
telnet) to use. Defaults to
- mode (Optional): The operating mode of the router (
ap). Defaults to
- ssh_key (Optional): The path to your SSH private key file associated with your given admin account (instead of password).
You need to enable telnet on your router if you choose to use
See the device tracker component page for instructions how to configure the people to be tracked.