Another sprint has come to an end and it seems that we have not slowed down a single bit 🚀. 0.12 is full of new components, platforms and organizational additions.
I would like to give a shout out to Greg Dowling (@pavoni) as every release includes new work from him. He is constantly adding support for new platforms or improving the reliablity of existing components and platforms. Keep up the good work!
This release includes a very frequent requested feature: the ability to organize entities in different tabs in the frontend. See the demo to see this in action and read more in the group documentation how to get started.
Example of the new views in the frontend. Learn more.
- Binary sensor: command sensor added (@Bart274)
- Nest support extended to include sensors and binary sensors (@joshughes)
- Light: LIFX platform added (@TangoAlpha)
- Notify: Twitter platform added (@HydrelioxGitHub)
- Sensor: Template platform added (@pavoni)
- Switch: Wink platform now supports sirens (@w1ll1am23)
- Insteon hub support added (@FreekingDean)
- Statsd component added (@michaelkuty)
- Light: Rfxtrx platform now supports dimming (@turbokongen)
- Time scheduling (including time automation) now works with intervals (ie.
- Sensor: onewire support added (@deisi)
- Zigbee support added (@flyte)
- Device Tracker: OwnTracks can now track iBeacons (@pavoni)
- Notify: Google Voice SMS platform added (@w1ll1am23)
- Toggle service added to
- Thermostat services added to control fans (@auchter)
- Improved Python automation: Event helpers are now also available as decorators for custom components (@rmkraus)
- Frontend: support added for tabs to show different views of your house (@balloob)
- Bugfixes by @molobrakos, @MartinHjelmare, @pavoni, @trollkarlen, @zmrow, @maddox, @persandstrom, @happyleavesaoc, @balloob, @fabaff, @stefan-jonasson, @haraldnagel.