5000 stars on GitHub, 2000 people in out Gitter chatroom and over a million monthly page views. I don’t think we could wish for a better place to be at the end of 2016. Feels like an early Christmas present! Our early one for you is 0.35. It’s not a single thing inside a nice wrapping, more like several little gifts inside the 0.35 box.
This will be the last release of 2016 as our developers are taking a well deserved break. We will be back in 2017!
With the addition of a text-to-speech component by @pvizeli we have been able to bring Home Assistant to a whole new level. The text-to-speech component will take in any text and will play it on a media player that supports to play media. We have tested this on Sonos, Chromecast, and Google Home.
In an effort to make Home Assistant, we’re planning to extend the things that people can do out of the box with HASSbian, our Raspberry Pi image. As you might know, the image is currently maintained by @Landrash. However he also spends a lot of time on improving the docs and helping out with a ton of other things.
Let you control VLC media player and play sound on connected speakers.
The GPSLogger now also supports attributes as the speed, direction, altitude, provider, and activity.
- Media player: Support for Sharp AquaosTV (@titilambert)
- Media player: VLC support (@Danielhiversen)
- Switch: Digital Loggers relay(@dethpickle)
- Sensor: Support for Netdata (@fabaff, @ezar)
- Sensor: Support weather conditions from Austrian ZAMG (@mjl)
- Verisure: Add Verisure smartcam capture service (@turbokongen)
- Binary sensor: Flic button support added (@soldag)
- Sensor: Support for Sense HAT (@farminf)
- Binary sensor: Hikvision binary sensor support (@mezz64)
- Text-to-speech support (@pvizeli)
- Sensor: Support for Broadlink sensors (@Danielhiversen)
- Media player: Add
source_listto universal media player (@danieljkemp)
- Binary Sensor: Support improvement for Wink (@w1ll1am23)
- Sensor: More features for DSMR (@aequitas)
- Automation: Parse payload as JSON (@balloob)
- Mediap player - Cast: New progress indicator (@balloob)
- Device tracker: New attributes (@balloob, @Danielhiversen)
- Binary sensor - netatmo: Add support for tags (@jabesq)
- Climate: Add
away_modefor RadioThermostat (@trisk)
- Device tracker - nmap: Make scan option configurable (@Danielhiversen)
- Climate - Ecobee: Add SmartAway option (@devdelay)
- Light - Hue: Add support for Hue LightGroups (@michaelarnauts)
- Media player - Emby: New support for trailer and media position (@mezz64)
- Camera - Amcrest: Support for resolution (@tchellomello)
- Media player - Kodi: Authentification fixed and fan art (@balloob, @joopert)
- Minor and not so minor features and bug fixes by @pvizeli, @jminn, @magicus, @teodoc, @fabaff, @technicalpickles, @balloob, @lukas-hetzenecker, @rubund, @dasos, @trisk, @armills, @auduny, @lwis, @nkgilley, @janLo, @keatontaylor, @stefan-jonasson, @Jypy, @jawilson, @DavidLP, @molobrakos, @jabesq, @joerocklin, @kellerza, @kirichkov, @r-jordan and @danielperna84.
Some issues have been reported with TTS that will be addressed by 0.35.1. The TTS component had issues linking the media player to the right media file if you were using Docker or SSL certificates. This can be fixed by exposing to your HTTP config what url you use for hosting Home Assistant:
http: base_url: example.duckdns.org
- Fix exit hanging on OS X with async logging (@balloob)
- Fix Text to speech clearing cache (@pvizeli)
- Allow setting a base API url in HTTP component (@balloob)
- Fix occasional errors in automation (@pvizeli)
- When base url specified, do not combine it with
- Fix issue with voicerrs and post api (@pvizeli)
- Fix async component update on service calls (@pvizeli)
- Fix async log handle do not close (@pvizeli)
- Fix nest component with various KeyError exceptions (@technicalpickles)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.