Wink is a home automation hub that can control a whole wide range of devices on the market. Or, as they say in their own words:
Wink offers one, quick and simple way to connect people with the products they rely on every day in their home.
Home Assistant integrates with the Wink API and allows you to get the status and control connected switches, lights, locks, fan, climate devices, covers, and sensors.
Check the related componets pages for actual devices that are support.
Home Assistant offers multiple ways to authenticate to the Wink API. Each authentication method is described below.
Authentication with an access token.
To use this form of authentication obtain a token from the form below and insert it into your
wink: access_token: YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN
Authentication with your Wink email and password.
This method uses the same form from above to obtain an access token, but does so without the user needing to manually do so. This method pulls a new token on every startup of Home Assistant.
wink: email: YOUR_WINK_EMAIL_ADDRESS password: YOUR_WINK_PASSWORD
Full oath authentication. (This is the best option!)
You can also request API access via Wink’s contact us page.
You will be provided with a client ID and a client secret via email. These can then be used in your configuration in place of the access_token this will prevent you from having to manually refresh your access token.
wink: email: YOUR_WINK_EMAIL_ADDRESS password: YOUR_WINK_PASSWORD client_id: YOUR_WINK_CLIENT_ID client_secret: YOUR_WINK_CLIENT_SECRET
- access_token (Required if the below aren’t present.): The retrieved access token.
- email (Required if access token isn’t provided): Your Wink login email.
- password (Required if access token isn’t provided): Your Wink login password.
- client_id (Required if access token isn’t provided): Your provided Wink client_id.
- client_secret (Required if access token isn’t provided): Your provided Wink client_secret.
- user_agent (Optional): The user-agent passed in the API calls to Wink.
This will connect to the Wink API and automatically set up any switches, lights, locks, fans, climate devices, covers, and sensors.
The Wink hub can only be accessed via the cloud. This means it requires an active internet connection and you will experience delays when controlling and updating devices (~3s).