flux switch platform will change the temperature of your lights similar to the way flux works on your computer, using circadian rhythm. They will be bright during the day, and gradually fade to a red/orange at night.
The component will update your lights based on the the time of day. It will only affect lights that are turned on and listed in the flux configuration.
During the day (in between
start time and
sunset time), it will fade the lights from the
start_colortemp to the
sunset_colortemp. After sunset (between
stop_time), the lights will fade from the the
sunset_colortemp to the
stop_colortemp. If the lights are still on after the
stop_time it will continue to change the light to the
stop_colortemp until the light is turned off. The fade effect is created by updating the lights every 30 seconds with a 30 second transition time.
If you don’t wish to have flux update on 30 second intervals, you can leave the switch turned off and use automation rules that call the service
switch.flux_update whenever you want the lights updated.
To use the Flux switch in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry switch: platform: flux lights: - light.desk - light.lamp name: Fluxer start_time: '7:00' stop_time: '23:00' start_colortemp: 4000 sunset_colortemp: 3000 stop_colortemp: 1900 brightness: 200 mode: xy
- lights (Required) array: List of light entities.
- name (Optional): The name to use when displaying this switch.
- start_time (Optional): The start time. Default to sunrise.
- stop_time (Optional): The stop time. Defaults to 22:00.
- start_colortemp (Optional): The color temperature at the start. Defaults to
- sunset_colortemp (Optional): The sun set color temperature. Defaults to
- stop_colortemp (Optional): The color temperature at the end. Defaults to
- brightness (Optional): The brightness of the lights. Calculated with
RGB_to_xyby default. Setting to -1 disables brightness updates.
- mode (Optional): Select how color temperature is passed to lights. Valid values are
mired. Defaults to