splunk component makes it possible to log all state changes to an external Splunk database using Splunk’s HTTP Event Collector (HEC) feature. You can either use this alone, or with the Home Assistant for Splunk app. Since the HEC feature is new to Splunk, you will need to use at least version 6.3.
To use the
splunk component in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry splunk: token: B4415DFF-683C-5C6C-3994-4F6D4A5DB03A
- token (Required): The HTTP Event Collector Token already created in your Splunk instance.
- host (Optional): IP address or host name of your Splunk host, eg. 192.168.1.10. Will default to
localhostif not supplied.
- port (Optional): Port to use. Defaults to 8088.
- ssl (Optional): Use https instead of http to connect. Defaults to False.
- name (Optional): This parameter allows you to specify a friendly to send to Splunk as the host, instead of using the name of the HEC. Defaults to HASS