usps platform allows one to track deliveries by the US Postal Service (USPS).
In addition to having a USPS account, you will need to complete the “Opt-In” process by clicking “Get Started Now” on this page. Currently, you also will need to have a package listed in the “Package Dashboard” in order for the component to complete set-up.
To enable this sensor, add the following lines to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: usps username: YOUR_USERNAME password: YOUR_PASSWORD
Configuration options for the USPS Sensor:
- username (Required): The username to access the MyUSPS service.
- password (Required): The password for the given username.
- name (Optional): Name the sensor (default: your mailing address).
- update_inverval (Optional): Minimum time interval between updates. Default is 1 hour. Supported formats:
- Time period dictionary, e.g.:
update_interval: # At least one of these must be specified: days: 0 hours: 0 minutes: 3 seconds: 30 milliseconds: 0
The USPS sensor logs into the MyUSPS website to scrape package data. It does not use an API.