openweathermap platform uses OpenWeatherMap as an source for current meteorological data for your location. The
forecast will show you the condition in 3 h.
You need an API key which is free but requires a registration.
To add OpenWeatherMap to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: openweathermap api_key: YOUR_API_KEY monitored_conditions: - weather
- api_key (Required): Your API key for http://openweathermap.org/.
- name (Optional): Additional name for the sensors. Default to platform name.
- forecast (Optional): Enables the forecast. The default is to display the current conditions.
- language (Optional): The language in which you want text results to be returned. It’s a two-characters string, eg.
it, etc. Defaults to English.
- monitored_conditions array (Required): Conditions to display in the frontend.
- weather: A human-readable text summary.
- temperature: The current temperature.
- wind_speed: The wind speed.
- wind_bearing: The wind bearing.
- humidity: The relative humidity.
- pressure: The sea-level air pressure in millibars.
- clouds: Description about cloud coverage.
- rain: The rain volume.
- snow: The snow volume
Details about the API are available in the OpenWeatherMap documentation.