imap_email_content sensor platform will read emails from an IMAP email server and report them as a state change within Home Assistant. This is useful if you have a device that only reports its state via email.
To enable this sensor, add the following lines to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: imap_email_content server: imap.gmail.com port: 993 username: USERNAME password: PASSWORD senders: - [email protected]
- server (Required): The IP address or hostname of the IMAP server.
- port (Required): The port where the server is accessible.
- name (Optional): Name of the IMAP sensor to use in the frontend.
- username (Required): Username for the IMAP server.
- password (Required): Password for the IMAP server.
- senders (Required): A list of sender email addresses that are allowed to report state via email. Only emails recieved from these addresses will be processed.
value_template (Optional): If specified this template will be used to render the state of sensor. If a template is not supplied the raw message body will be used for the sensor value. The following attributes will be supplied to the template:
- from: The from address of the email
- body: The body of the email
- subject: The subject of the email
- date: The date and time the email was sent