bom platform allows you to get the current weather conditions from the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) Australia.
- Each sensor will be given the
device_idof “bom [optionalname] friendlyname units”
- A name is optional but if multiple BOM weather stations are used a name will be required.
- The sensor will update every minute 35 minutes after last data timestamp. This allows for the 30 minute observation cycle and the approximate 5 minute update delay in publishing the data.
To get the station ID
[wmo_id] for your local BOM station:
- Find your station on these maps:
- NSW: http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/observations/map.shtml
- QLD: http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/observations/map.shtml
- VIC: http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/observations/map.shtml
- WA: http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/observations/map.shtml
- SA: http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/observations/map.shtml
- TAS: http://www.bom.gov.au/tas/observations/map.shtml
- ACT: http://www.bom.gov.au/act/observations/canberramap.shtml
- NT: http://www.bom.gov.au/nt/observations/map.shtml
- alternatively, from the BOM website, navigate to State -> Observations -> Latest Observations -> Choose the station.
- The URL will look like: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/[zone_id]/[zone_id].[wmo_id].shtml
- For Adelaide, the URL will look like http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS60801/IDS60801.94675.shtml.
To add the BOM weather observation to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: bom zone_id: IDS60801 wmo_id: 94675 monitored_conditions: - wmo - name - history_product - local_date_time - local_date_time_full - aifstime_utc - lat - lon - apparent_t - cloud - cloud_base_m - cloud_oktas - cloud_type_id - cloud_type - delta_t - gust_kmh - gust_kt - air_temp - dewpt - press - press_qnh - press_msl - press_tend - rain_trace - rel_hum - sea_state - swell_dir_worded - swell_height - swell_period - vis_km - weather - wind_dir - wind_spd_kmh - wind_spd_kt
- zone_id (Required): The zone_id as identified from the BOM website.
- wmo_id (Required): The wmo as identified from the BOM website.
- name (Optional): The name you would like to give to the weather station.
- monitored_conditions (Required): A list of the conditions to monitor.