matrix platform allows you to deliver notifications from Home Assistant to a Matrix room. Rooms can be both direct as well as group chats.
To enable Matrix notifications in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - platform: matrix homeserver: HOMESERVER username: USERNAME password: PASSWORD default_room: ROOM_ID_OR_ALIAS
- name (Optional): Setting the optional parameter
nameallows multiple notifiers to be created. The default value is
notify. The notifier will bind to the service
- homeserver (Required): The base URL of the homeserver, where the notifier account is registered (e.g.
- username (Required): The username of the notifying Matrix account.
- password (Required): The password for the given Matrix account.
- default_room (Required): The room all messages will be sent to, when no other target is given.
- verify_ssl (Optional): Verify the homeservers certificate. Defaults to
The target room has to be precreated, the room id can be obtained from the rooms settings dialog. Rooms by default have a canonical id of the form
!<randomid>:homeserver.tld, but can also be allocated aliases like
#roomname:homeserver.tld. The notifying account may need to be invited to the room, depending on the individual rooms policies.
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.