webostv platform allows you to control a LG webOS Smart TV.
When the TV is first connected, you will need to accept Home Assistant on the TV to allow communication.
To add a TV to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry media_player: - platform: webostv
- host (Optional): The IP of the LG webOS Smart TV, e.g.
- mac (Optional): The MAC address of the TV, e.g.
- name (Optional): The name you would like to give to the LG webOS Smart TV.
- customize array (Optional): List of options to customize.
- sources array (Optional*): List of hardware inputs.
If you do not specify
host:, all LG webOS Smart TVs within your network will be auto-discovered if they use the default name setting of
[LG] webOS TV.
Home Assistant is able to turn on a LG webOS Smart TV if you specify its MAC address with
mac:. Some models require the Mobile TV On setting and/or a wired network connection to use Wake-on-LAN.
A full configuration example will look like the sample below:
# Example configuration.yaml entry media_player: - platform: webostv host: 192.168.0.10 mac: C8:08:E9:99:99:1A name: Living Room TV customize: sources: - livetv - youtube - makotv