webostv platform allows you to control a LG webOS Smart TV.
To begin with enable LG Connect Apps feature in Network settings of the TV instructions.
Once basic configuration is added to your
configuration.yaml Configuration card should prompt on your HA’s States. Follow the instructions and accept pairing request on your TV.
Pairing information will be saved to the
filename: provided in configuration; this process is IP sensitive, in case the IP address of your TV would change in future.
To add a TV to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry media_player: - platform: webostv
- host (Optional): The IP of the LG webOS Smart TV, e.g.
- turn_on_action (Optional): Defines an action to turn the TV on.
- name (Optional): The name you would like to give to the LG webOS Smart TV.
- timeout (Optional): The timeout for connections to the TV in seconds.
- filename (Optional): The filename where the pairing key with the TV should be stored. This path is relative to Home Assistant’s config directory. It defaults to
- customize array (Optional): List of options to customize.
- sources array (Optional*): List of hardware and webOS App inputs.
If you do not specify
host:, all LG webOS Smart TVs within your network will be auto-discovered.
A full configuration example will look like the sample below:
# Example configuration.yaml entry media_player: - platform: webostv host: 192.168.0.10 name: Living Room TV timeout: 5 filename: webostv.conf turn_on_action: service: persistent_notification.create data: message: "Turn on action" customize: sources: - livetv - youtube - makotv - netflix
** avoid using
[ ] in the
name: of your device.
Turn On Action
Home Assistant is able to turn on a LG webOS Smart TV if you specify an action, like HDMI-CEC or WakeOnLan.
Common for webOS 3.0 and higher would be to use WakeOnLan feature. To use this feature your TV should be connected to your network via Ethernet rather than Wireless and you should enable LG Connect Apps feature in Network settings of the TV instructions (or Mobile App in General settings for older models) (*may vary by version).
# Example configuration.yaml entry wake_on_lan: # enables `wake_on_lan` domain media_player: - platform: webostv host: 192.168.0.10 #other settings turn_on_action: service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet data: mac: B4:E6:2A:1E:11:0F
Any other actions to power on the device can be configured.
To obtain complete list of available sources currently configured on the TV, once the webOS TV is configured and linked, while its powered on head to the Developer Tools > States, find your
media_player.<name> and use the sources listed in
source_list: remembering to split them per line into your