generic_thermostat climate platform is a thermostat implemented in Home Assistant. It uses a sensor and a switch connected to a heater under the hood. If the measured temperature is cooler then the target temperature, the heater will be turned on and turned off when required temperature is reached.
# Example configuration.yaml entry climate: - platform: generic_thermostat name: Study heater: switch.study_heater target_sensor: sensor.study_temperature
- name (Required): Name of thermostat
- heater (Required):
entity_idfor heater switch, must be a toggle device.
- target_sensor (Required):
entity_idfor a temperature sensor, target_sensor.state must be temperature.
- min_temp (Optional): Set minimum set point available (default: 7)
- max_temp (Optional): Set maximum set point available (default: 35)
- target_temp (Optional): Set intital target temperature. Failure to set this variable will result in target temperature being set to null on startup.
- ac_mode (Optional): Set the switch specified in the heater option to be treated as a cooling device instead of a heating device.
- min_cycle_duration (Optional): Set a minimum amount of time that the switch specified in the heater option must be in it’s current state prior to being switched either off or on.
A full configuration example looks like the one below.
min_cycle_duration must contains at least one of the following entries:
# Full example configuration.yaml entry climate: - platform: generic_thermostat name: Study heater: switch.study_heater target_sensor: sensor.study_temperature min_temp: 15 max_temp: 21 target_temp: 17 min_cycle_duration: seconds: 5