mjpeg camera platform allows you to integrate IP cameras which are capable to stream their video with MJPEG into Home Assistant.
Home Assistant will serve the images via its server, making it possible to view your IP camera’s while outside of your network. The endpoint is
To enable this camera in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry camera: - platform: mjpeg mjpeg_url: http://192.168.1.92/mjpeg
- mjpeg_url (Required): The URL your camera serves the video on, eg. http://192.168.1.21:2112/
- name (Optional): This parameter allows you to override the name of your camera.
- username (Optional): The username for accessing your camera.
- password (Optional): The password for accessing your camera.
- authentication (Optional):
digestauth for requests.
There is a known issue in urllib3 that you will get error messages in your logs like
[StartBoundaryNotFoundDefect(), MultipartInvariantViolationDefect()], unparsed data: '' but the component still works fine. You can ignore the messages.