mjpeg camera platform allows you to integrate IP cameras which are capable to stream their video with MJPEG into Home Assistant.
To enable this camera in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry camera: - platform: mjpeg mjpeg_url: http://192.168.1.92/mjpeg
- mjpeg_url (Required): The URL your camera serves the video on, eg. http://192.168.1.21:2112/
- still_image_url (Optional): The URL for thumbnail picture if camera support that.
- name (Optional): This parameter allows you to override the name of your camera.
- username (Optional): The username for accessing your camera.
- password (Optional): The password for accessing your camera.
- authentication (Optional):
digestauth for requests.
There is a known issue in urllib3 that you will get error messages in your logs like
[StartBoundaryNotFoundDefect(), MultipartInvariantViolationDefect()], unparsed data: '' but the component still works fine. You can ignore the messages.
Example of using a DCS-930L Wireless N Network Camera from D-Link:
camera: - platform: mjpeg name: Livingroom Camera still_image_url: http://IP/image.jpg mjpeg_url: http://IP/video/mjpg.cgi