generic camera platform allows you to integrate any IP camera or other url into Home Assistant. Templates can be used to generate the urls on the fly.
Home Assistant will serve the images via its server, making it possible to view your IP camera’s while outside of your network. The endpoint is
To enable this camera in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry camera: - platform: generic still_image_url: http://220.127.116.11/jpg/image.jpg
- still_image_url (Required): The URL your camera serves the image on, eg. http://192.168.1.21:2112/. Can be a template.
- name (Optional): This parameter allows you to override the name of your camera.
- username (Optional): The username for accessing your camera.
- password (Optional): The password for accessing your camera.
- authentication (Optional):
digestauth for requests.
- limit_refetch_to_url_change (Optional): true/false value (default: false). Limits refetching of the remote image to when the url changes. Only relevant if using a template to fetch the remote image.