This platform enables you to set manual alarms in Home Assistant.
# Example configuration.yaml entry alarm_control_panel: - platform: manual
- name (Optional): The name of the alarm. Default is “HA Alarm”.
- code (Optional): If defined, specifies a code to enable or disable the alarm in the frontend.
- pending_time (Optional): The time in seconds of the pending time before arming the alarm. Default is 60 seconds.
- trigger_time (Optional): The time in seconds of the trigger time in which the alarm is firing. Default is 120 seconds.
- disarm_after_trigger (Optional): If true, the alarm will automatically disarm after it has been triggered instead of returning to the previous state.
- armed_home/armed_away/armed_night/triggered (Optional): State specific settings
- pending_time: State specific pending time override.
In the config example below, armed_home state will have no pending time and triggered state will have pending time of 20 second whereas armed_away state will have a default pending time of 30 seconds.
# Example configuration.yaml entry alarm_control_panel: - platform: manual name: Home Alarm code: 1234 pending_time: 30 armed_home: pending_time: 0 triggered: pending_time: 20 trigger_time: 4
In this section, you find some real-life examples of how to use this panel.
Using sensors to trigger the alarm.
automation: - alias: 'Trigger alarm while armed away' trigger: - platform: state entity_id: sensor.pir1 to: 'active' - platform: state entity_id: sensor.pir2 to: 'active' - platform: state entity_id: sensor.door to: 'open' - platform: state entity_id: sensor.window to: 'open' condition: - condition: state entity_id: alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm state: armed_away action: service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger entity_id: alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm
Sending a notification when the alarm is triggered.
automation: - alias: 'Send notification when alarm triggered' trigger: - platform: state entity_id: alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm to: 'triggered' action: - service: notify.notify data: message: "ALARM! The alarm has been triggered"
Disarming the alarm when the door is properly unlocked.
automation: - alias: 'Disarm alarm when door unlocked by keypad' trigger: - platform: state entity_id: sensor.front_door_lock_alarm_type to: '19' # many z-wave locks use Alarm Type 19 for 'Unlocked by Keypad' action: - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house_alarm