The Home Assistant for iOS app offers a companion app for iOS which is deeply integrated into both Home Assistant and iOS. Its basic features include:
- Advanced push notifications
- Location tracking
- Basic control of all Home Assistant entities
- Integration with third party apps
Currently, the app is only available via a closed beta. It will be on the App Store within the next few weeks.
An example of a Home Assistant group as seen in the iOS app.
- iOS device running at least iOS 9, but iOS 10 is greatly preferred.
- Home Assistant 0.31.1 or higher for push notification support.
- SSL is strongly recommended. Self-signed SSL certificates will not work due to Apple’s limitations.
ios component is the companion component for the Home Assistant iOS app. While not required, adding the
ios component to your setup will greatly enhance the iOS app with new notification, location and sensor functions not possible with a standalone app.
ios component will also load the
zeroconf components. It also provides functionality required for the iOS notify platform but will not automatically load the
notify component or platform as of 0.31.1. You must manually load it. See the iOS notify platform for more information.
ios component will automatically be loaded under the following circumstances:
discoverycomponent is enabled.
- You have just installed the app and are at the getting started screen.
Automated discovery and component loaded can only happen at first install of the app. You may need to wait a few minutes for the iOS component to load as the
discovery component only scans the network every 5 minutes.
You may also manually load the
ios component by adding the following to your configuration:
# Example configuration.yaml entry ios:
- push (Optional): Push notification configuration. See the iOS
notifyplatform for more information.