This platform has been deprecated in favor of the “darksky” platform and will be removed in the future. Please use the “darksky” platform.
forecast platform uses the Forecast.io web service as a source of meteorological data for your location. The location is based on the
latitude coordinates configured in your
configuration.yaml file. The coordinates are auto-detected but to take advantage of the hyper-local weather reported by forecast.io, you can refine them down to your exact home address. GPS coordinates can be found by using Google Maps and clicking on your home or Openstreetmap.
You need an API key which is free but requires registration. You can make up to 1000 calls per day for free which means that you could make one approximately every 86 seconds.
Forecast.io will charge you $0.0001 per API call if you enter your credit card details and create more than 1000 calls per day.
To add Forecast.io to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: forecast api_key: YOUR_APP_KEY monitored_conditions: - summary - icon - nearest_storm_distance - nearest_storm_bearing - precip_type - precip_intensity - precip_probability - temperature - apparent_temperature - dew_point - wind_speed - wind_bearing - cloud_cover - humidity - pressure - visibility - ozone - minutely_summary - hourly_summary - daily_summary - temperature_max - temperature_min - apparent_temperature_max - apparent_temperature_min - precip_intensity_max
- api_key (Required): Your API key for http://forecast.io/.
- monitored_conditions array (Required): Conditions to display in the frontend.
- summary: A human-readable text summary of the current conditions.
- precip_type: The type of precipitation occurring.
- precip_intensity: The average expected intensity of precipitation occurring.
- precip_probability: A value between 0 and 1 which is representing the probability of precipitation.
- temperature: The current temperature.
- apparent_temperature: A numerical value representing the apparent (or “feels like”) temperature.
- dew_point: The dew point.
- wind_speed: The wind speed.
- wind_bearing: Where the wind is coming from in degrees, with true north at 0° and progressing clockwise.
- cloud_cover: The percentage of sky occluded by clouds.
- humidity: The relative humidity.
- pressure: The sea-level air pressure in millibars.
- visibility: The average visibility.
- ozone: The columnar density of total atmospheric ozone in Dobson.
- minutely_summary: A human-readable text summary for the next hour.
- hourly_summary: A human-readable text summary for the next 24 hours.
- daily_summary: A human-readable text summary for the next 7 days.
- temperature_max: Today’s expected high temperature.
- temperature_min: Today’s expected low temperature.
- apparent_temperature_max: Today’s expected apparent high temperature.
- apparent_temperature_min: Today’s expected apparent low temperature.
- precip_intensity_max: Today’s expected maximum intensity of precipitation.
- units (Optional): Specify the unit system. Default to
usbased on the temperature preference in Home Assistant. Other options are
autowill let forecast.io decide the unit system based on location.
- update_inverval (Optional): Minimum time interval between updates. Default is 2 minutes. Supported formats:
- Time period dictionary, e.g.:
update_interval: # At least one of these must be specified: days: 0 hours: 0 minutes: 3 seconds: 30 milliseconds: 0
Details about the API are available in the Forecast.io documentation.