xmpp platform allows you to deliver notifications from Home Assistant to a Jabber (XMPP) account.
To enable Jabber notifications in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - name: NOTIFIER_NAME platform: xmpp sender: YOUR_JID password: YOUR_JABBER_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD recipient: YOUR_RECIPIENT
- name (Optional): Setting the optional parameter
nameallows multiple notifiers to be created. The default value is
notify. The notifier will bind to the service
- sender (Required): The Jabber ID (JID) that will act as origin of the messages. Add your JID including the domain, eg. [email protected]
- password (Required): The password for your given Jabber account.
- recipient (Required): The Jabber ID (JID) that will receive the messages.
- tls (Optional): Allow to disable TLS. Defaults to
- verify (Optional): Allow disabling SSL certificate validity check (e.g., self-signed certificate). Defaults to
- room (Optional): Room’s name (e.g., [email protected]). If set, send a message to chatroom instead of the sender.
All Jabber IDs (JID) must include the domain. Make sure that the password matches the account provided as sender.
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.