slack platform allows you to deliver notifications from Home Assistant to Slack.
If you are planning to use Slack as yourself then you need to obtain a Slack API token to be able to send notifications.
It is also possible to use Slack bots as users. Just create a new bot at https://[YOUR_TEAM].slack.com/apps/build/custom-integration and use the provided token for that. You can add an icon from the frontend for Home Assistant and give the bot a meaningful name.
Don’t forget to invite the bot to the room where you want to get the notifications.
To enable the slack notification in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - name: NOTIFIER_NAME platform: slack api_key: ABCDEFGHJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ default_channel: '#general'
- name (Optional): Setting the optional parameter
nameallows multiple notifiers to be created. The default value is
notify. The notifier will bind to the service
- api_key (Required): The slack API token to use for sending slack messages.
- default_channel (Required): The default channel to post to if no channel is explicitly specified when sending the notification message.
- username (Optional): Setting username will allow homeassistant to post to slack using the username specified. By default not setting this will post to slack using the user account or botname that you generated the api_key as.
- icon (Optional): Use one of the slack emoji’s as an Icon for the supplied username. Slack uses the standard emoji sets used here.
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.