To use GNTP notifications, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - name: NOTIFER_NAME platform: gntp
GNTP will attempt to connect to a local server running on port 23053 if no
hostname is provided.
- name (Optional): Setting the optional parameter
nameallows multiple notifiers to be created. The default value is
notify. The notifier will bind to the service
- app_name (Optional): The application name that will be displayed on every notification and will be registered with the server.
- app_icon (Optional): The icon that will be displayed on every notification. You can provide a HTTP URL or a
file://URL. File URLs only work if Home Assistant and the GNTP server are running on the same machine. If no
app_iconis set a local copy of the Home Assistant logo will be used. If you choose to use a HTTP URL please make the maximum image size 150 px by 150 px as Growl for Mac will sometimes timeout when registering.
- hostname (Optional): The hostname or IP address of the GNTP server to contact.
- password (Optional): The password to authenticate to the GNTP server with.
- port (Optional): The port that the GNTP server runs on. The specification states that servers should not allow users to use any port other than 23053 but
portis provided here just in case.
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.