denon platform allows you to control a Denon Network Receivers from Home Assistant.
- Denon DRA-N5
- Denon RCD-N8 (untested)
- Denon RCD-N9 (partial support)
- Denon AVR receivers with integrated Network support (partial support)
- Denon AVR-X2000 (via denonavr platform)
- Denon AVR-X2100W (via denonavr platform)
- Denon AVR-X4100W (via denonavr platform)
- Denon AVR-1912 (via denonavr platform)
- Denon AVR-2312CI (via denonavr platform)
- Denon AVR-3311CI (via denonavr platform)
- Marantz M-CR603 (via denonavr platform)
- Marantz M-RC610 (via denonavr platform)
- Marantz SR5008 (via denonavr platform)
- Marantz NR1604 (via denonavr platform)
- Other Denon AVR receivers (via denonavr platform (untested))
- Marantz receivers (experimental via denonavr platform)
If you have something else using the IP controller for your Denon AVR 3808CI, such as your URC controller, it will not work! There is either a bug or security issue with some models where only one device could be controlling the IP functionality.
To add a Denon Network Receiver to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry media_player: - platform: denon host: IP_ADDRESS
- host (Required): IP address of the device. Example: 192.168.1.32
- name (Optional): Name of the device.
A few notes for platform: denon
- The receiver handles only one telnet connection and refuses others.
- Be careful with the volume. 100% or even 50% is very loud.
- To be able to wake up the receiver, activate the “remote” setting in the receiver’s settings.
- Play and pause are supported, toggling is not possible.
- Seeking cannot be implemented as the UI sends absolute positions. Only seeking via simulated button presses is possible.
# Example configuration.yaml entry media_player: - platform: denonavr host: IP_ADDRESS name: NAME show_all_sources: True / False zones: - zone: Zone2 / Zone3 name: NAME
- host (Optional): IP address of the device. Example: 192.168.1.32. If not set, auto discovery is used.
- name (Optional): Name of the device. If not set, friendlyName of receiver is used.
- show_all_sources (Optional): If True all sources are displayed in sources list even if they are marked as deleted in the receiver. If False deleted sources are not displayed (default). Some receivers have a bug that marks all sources as deleted in the interface. In this case this option could help.
- zones (Optional): List of additional zones to be activated. They are displayed as additional media players with the same functionality Main Zone of the device supports
- zone: Zone which should be activated. Valid options are Zone2 and Zone3
- name (Optional): Name of the zone. If not set the name of the main device + zone as suffix is taken.
A few notes for platform: denonavr
- Additional option the control Denon AVR receivers with a builtin web server is using the HTTP interface with denonavr platform.
- denonavr platform supports some additional functionalities like album covers, custom input source names and auto discovery.
- Marantz receivers seem to a have quite simliar interface. Thus if you own one, give it a try.