insteon_local component let you use your Insteon Hub with Home Assistant.
To integrate your Insteon local setup with Home Assistant, add the following section to your
# Example configuration.yaml platform entry insteon_local: host: YOUR HUB IP username: YOUR HUB USERNAME password: YOUR HUB PASSWORD
Configuration variables: Note: The username and password here are for the hub and are different than the ones used to access the app. You can usually find these on the bottom of your hub (unless you’ve changed them through the settings in the app)
- host (Required): The IP address of your hub.
- username (Required): The username used to access the Insteon interface (find in your Insteon app).
- password (Required): The password used to access the Insteon interface.
- timeout (Optional): Timeout to wait for connections. Defaults to 10 seconds.
- port (Optional): The port your hub is configured to listen to. Defaults to
insteon_local component currently supports both lights (dimmers) and switches. A full configuration may look like so:
insteon_local: host: YOUR HUB IP username: YOUR HUB USERNAME password: YOUR HUB PASSWORD timeout: 10 port: 25105 light: - platform: insteon_local switch: - platform: insteon_local fan: - platform: insteon_local