This platform has been deprecated in favor of a “cover” platform and will be removed in the future. Please use the cover platform.
rpi_gpio garage door platform allows you to use a Raspberry Pi to control your Garage door.
It uses two pins on the Raspberry Pi.
state_pinwill detect if the door is closed, and
relay_pinwill trigger the door to open or close.
Although you do not need Andrews Hilliday’s software controller when you run Home Assistant, he has written clear instructions on how to hook your garage door & sensors up to your Raspberry Pi, which can be found here.
To enable Raspberry Pi Garage doors in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry garage_door: platform: rpi_gpio state_pull_mode: DOWN relay_time: 1 doors: - relay_pin: 10 state_pin: 11 name: 'Left door' - relay_pin: 12 state_pin: 13 name: 'Right door'
- doors array (Required): List of your doors.
- name (Optional): Name to use in the Frontend.
- relay_pin (Required): The pin of your Raspberry Pi where the relay is connected.
- state_pin (Required): The pin of your Raspberry Pi to retrieve the state.
- state_pull_mode (Optional): The direction the State pin is pulling. It can be UP or DOWN. Default is UP.
- relay_time (Optional): The time that the relay will be on for in seconds. Default is .2 seconds.